The Air & Surface Transport Nurses Association is seeking an individual contractor to manage, on a part-time basis, ASTNA’s publications and education programming as well as serving as the liaison to the ASTNA Publications Committee, the ASTNA Assessment Committee and the ASTNA Education Committee among various other responsibilities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the liaison to the ASTNA Publications Committee, the ASTNA Assessment Committee and the ASTNA Education Committee, as well as any subcommittees and/or ad hoc work groups appointed by those committees in collaboration with Executive Director.
- Manages ASTNA’s publications and education programming in collaboration with the Executive Director to advance ASTNA’s strategic priorities as they relate to continuing education and professional development.
- Prepares reports, memoranda, and correspondence related to ASTNA’s education and publications programming.
- Manages in collaboration with Executive Director and committee chairs, activities to fulfill charges and/or annual goals of ASTNA’s Publications Committee, the ASTNA Assessment Committee and Education Committee, including conference calls, in-person meetings, strategic planning, product and course curriculum review, position statement review, volunteer coordination, and product sales and marketing.
- Manages development, implementation, and evaluation of educational products, including reference texts, e-learning products, course materials
Develops comprehensive project timelines for all education and publications activities and manages project plans to meet deadlines and budget.
- Manages in collaboration with Executive Director and committee chairs administrative activities related to publications and education programs, including creating and monitoring budgets, conference calls, meeting agendas, and preparing minutes for assigned committees. Assists with committee recruitment and development.
- Provides financial forecasts and assumptions for budgeting process in collaboration with the ASTNA Executive Director. Responsible for ongoing management and assessment of needed resources and makes resource allocation requests and recommendations to the ASTNA Executive Director.
- Staffs committee meetings in conjunction with the Executive Director as needed; provides written report and/or attends ASTNA Board of Director meetings to give report as requested; provides written and/or verbal reports to the ASTNA Board during conference calls, as needed.
To review the full RFP and job duties and responsibilities, Click Here.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Knowledge and experience of the medical field and medical terminology.
- Experience and knowledge of the fundamentals of assessment item writing, item analysis and copyediting of items.
- Experience with the preparation of manuscripts.
- Experience and understanding of working with member-based associations/organizations.
- Knowledge of fundamentals of product development and marketing, from research through timeline planning through implementation and promotion.
- Experience guiding, directing and managing the efforts of volunteer subject matter experts in the development of strategic, education, and publishing plans and materials.
- Experience serving as the primary liaison to volunteer committees and project leaders.
- Excellent time and project management skills, including ability to meet deadlines while managing conflicting priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop budgets and monitor project finances.
Contract Duration, Compensation and Hours:
Contractor hours are anticipated to average 20 hours per week
Contractor hourly rate is dependent upon experience
Contract Duration is dependent upon negotiations
Minimal Travel Required (Two to three times annually)